Tuesday, May 10, 2011

To a new year :)

You know.. it's been one of those days. One of those days of REAL realization. (Am I allowed to say "real" and "realization" in the same sentence?) And maybe it's an odd coincidence that today was my 20th birthday. I've lived a whole entire TWO decades now. And I'm still realizing what people I should keep in my life, and the ones who I need to throw in the rubbish.

No, I didn't make a checklist of who's cool and who's not cool.
No, I didn't specifically tell anybody that they would be staying in my life or getting the heck out of it.
I just made a promise to myself, after I made a secret wish on my candles, that I would rid myself of the people who aren't making a positive impact on my life.

And it feels good.

If I could give anybody any piece of advice on how to live better.. it would be this:
Be friends with the people who make you happy.

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

umm.. you make me happy.. :)