Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hope. I usually see this word as something good. Hope gives life meaning. It motivates us, and keeps us going.

But lately I've seen this word as something that sucks.

I mean.. is it really worth it to have hope if you just end up getting let down in the end? We've all probably got our hopes up, and then seen them crash. Yet we still hope. Because without hope, what would we do? I don't even know. Don't people say "with hope, anything is possible"?

Because it seems to me like hope is just screwing me over.

To have hope for something, or someone, is complicated. I'm just gonna refer to what Hilary Duff says in A Cinderella Story: "[It's] like waiting for rain in the middle of this drought. Useless and disappointing."

Blaaa. I think I'll go take a bubblebath.

2 comments:

Benedetta M. said...

wow a really profound pic! Love it! Xoxo

Valerie said...

Hope keeps faith alive, right? I know sometimes it's disappointing, but what would we do without it? I "hope" your bubblebath helped and you're having a better day today!

xo
Valerie